Please go to settings>Glyph Interface and choose to enable/disable it. Or find the Glyph Settings by swiping down the notification bar and clicking it to adjust the settings.
How to turn on/off the Glyph light?
How to download the latest firmware?
Please go to Settings>System>System Update and choose Check For Update. If any updates are available, do so.
How to enable Dark Theme?
There are two methods.
Method 1: Go to Settings>Display, and Toggle on the Dark Theme.
Method 2: Swipe down from the top of the phone, and the notification status bar will be available. Then swipe down again to go to the Control Centre, and slide to toggle the Dark Theme icon to enable.
How to hide notifications on the lock screen?
Please go to Settings>Notifications>Notifications On Lock Screen, then select Dont Show Any Notifications.
How to enable NFC on Nothing phone (1)?
There are two methods.
Method 1: Go to settings>Connected devices>Connection preferences>NFC, toggle on the Use NFC.
Method 2: Swipe down from the top of the phone, and the notification status bar will be available. Then swipe down again to go to the Control Centre, then slide to toggle the NFC icon to enable.
How to block people on phone (1)?
There are two methods.
Method 1: Swipe up from the homescreen>tap on Contacts>select the contact, then tap the 3 vertical dots >Block Numbers>Block
Method 2: Tap on the Dialer app>tap on Contacts>select the contact, then tap the 3 vertical dots>Block Numbers>Block
How to use Google Assistant to activate the Glyph interface?
Go to Settings>Glyph Interface, and enable Google Assistant. Then, the Glyph interface will light up when Google Assistant is triggered.
How to choose the Glyph Interface for notifications?
Each notification sound has a unique Glpyh pattern associated with it.
Go to Settings>Glyph Interface>Notification Sounds. Preview the Glyph patterns and choose a sound. Click the add icon in the left upper corner to add your own ringtones.
Note: Notification sounds can be set by choosing between original Nothing sounds or imported sounds.
How to choose the Glyph Interface for ringtones?
Each ringtone has a unique Glpyh pattern associated with it.
Go to Settings>Glyph Interface>Ringtones>Default Ringtone. Preview the Glyph patterns and choose a ringtone. Click the add icon in the left upper corner to add your own ringtones.
Note: Notification sounds can be set in a similar manner, deciding between original Nothing ringtones or imported ringtones.
How to adjust the brightness of the Glyph Interface?
Go to Settings>Glyph Interface and slide the bar to adjust brightness.
How to turn the Glyph Interface on/off?
Go to Settings>Glyph Interface to enable/disable Glyph lights. Or you can swipe down on your home screen to access Quick Settings and tap on Glyphs.
How to lock my apps?
Currently, app lock is not supported by Nothing phone (1). You can use third party apps for app encryption.
We suggest you protect your personal data by setting the screen lock password.
How to turn off phone (1)?
Method 1: Press the power button and volume+ button simultaneously, and a pop-up menu will be displayed. Then select Power to turn off the phone.
Method 2: Swipe down from the top of the screen to access Quick Settings. Swipe down again to access the control centre. The Power button is there.
How to access Multiple Users from the lock screen?
First, make sure multi-user is enabled by going to Settings>System>Multiple Users.
Swipe down from the top of the lock screen to access Quick Settings and tap the user icon.
How to open the camera from the lock screen?
Go to Settings>System>Gestures>Quickly Open Camera and toggle to enable it.
Then, you can press the power button twice to quickly open the camera from any screen.
How to set an alarm?
There are two methods to set an alarm.
1. Go to Settings> Apps> See all apps>Find Clock and tap it>OPEN. Tap the add icon to create a new alarm.
2. Twice swipe down on your screen to access Quick Settings. Tap on Clock and go to Alarm. Tap the add icon to create a new alarm and adjust the below settings:
1. Repeat: Select a time for your alarms to repeat between Monday to Sunday
2. Label: Add labels for your alarms.
3. Alarm sound: Select a sound for your alarm.
4. Vibrate: Turn vibration on/off.
Tap on the More icon in the upper right corner and go to Settings:
1. Silent After: Automatically silence an alarm after a set period of time.
2. Snooze length: Set snooze length from 1 to 30 mins.
1. You can set as many alarms as you want
2. The alarm sound will be ring even if the phone is in silent mode
How to restrict apps from using network data in the background?
Long press the app icon on the home screen and select App Info>Mobile Data & Wi-Fi to disable background data.
How to switch between 4G and 5G?
Go to Settings>Network & Internet>SIMs and choose the corresponding SIM card. Then select Preferred Network Type to switch to the network type you want.
How to reset the lock screen password?
In order to protect user privacy and information security, the lock screen password is using an irreversible algorithm. It does NOT support resetting lock screen passwords.
You must reset it by restoring your phone to factory defaults, which will erase all data you stored on your Nothing device. You may need to contact or visit your local Nothing Customer Service Centre for further assistance.
How to reset phone (1) to factory settings?
Before the hard reset, please back up any critical data as the factory reset deletes all photos and resets all settings.
1. Go to Settings>System>Reset options, and choose an option you want for factory data reset:
Reset Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Mobile
This option will reset your smartphone's Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and mobile network settings.
Reset app preferences:
This option will reset all phone app preferences without deleting any app data.
Erase All Data
Clear all data, including photos and music.
How to use the Hotspot feature?
1. Go to Settings>Network & Internet>Hotspot & Tethering [Wi-Fi hotspot] to enable the personal hotspots.
2. Tap on QR code. The Wi-Fi QR code will then be generated. Show this QR code and let someone scan it to connect to your Hotspot.
* If you have set up a passcode, it will ask you to verify your identity first before providing the QR code.
How to clean up storage space?
Go to Settings>storage>Free Up Space>Clean, then it will automatically quickly detect and remove hidden temp (temporary folders or files), cookie, and cache files generated.
Clean by classification:
Go to Settings >storage>Free Up Space>Clean>Internal and remove the specific file you want from the phone.
How to set the lock screen password?
Go to Settings>Screen Lock & Security>Screen Lock. You can then choose Swipe, Pattern, PIN or Password for the screen lock.
Notice: If you or someone else enters the wrong passcode too many times, your device will disable itself temporarily.
How to check data network usage?.
Tracking how much data you use per day or month can help you avoid exceeding your mobile data plan.
Please go to Settings>Network & Internet>SIMs and choose the corresponding SIM card. You can check the total data usage, or choose App Data Usage to view the total usage of the applications in a certain time range.
How to enable Airplane Mode?
When Airplane Mode is on, your phone's wireless functions such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cellular Data will be turned off by default.
Go to Settings>Network & Internet>Airplane Mode and enable it. You can also swipe down from the top of your screen to open Control Centre, then tap on the Airplane Mode icon.
How to clean up a file?
Swipe up the screen, enter the Application Centre and find Files. Open Files app and choose what you want to clean.
You can also download dedicated clean-up applications to assist with cleaning files.
Reminder: Installing third -party cleaning software may cause power consumption and other problems, please use it with caution
How to switch data being used from SIM1 to SIM2?
During the use of dual SIM cards, when you need to change the traffic card, go to Settings> Network & Internet> Internet, select the corresponding SIM card and enter the setting option > Mobile data settings to enable/close. You can adjust whether the card provides data to the data flow.
How to clear browser history?
1. Go to the Browser App> Menu>Bookmark/History>History. Select the records to be deleted, tap Delete to select the time period: last hour/last day /all.
2. Go to the Browser app>Menu>Settings>Clear Data page, check the Historical Record and tap Delete to remove all browser records.
How to maintain phone (1)?
1. Use protective cases, leather cases and films to protect the phone.
2. Do not put excessive force on your phone.
3. Do not put it in tight pockets to prevent excessive pressure on the phone.
4. Pay attention to the environment in which you use phone (1). Be careful around iron powder, dust particles, liquid and moisture and cold air outlets such as air conditioners.
1. We recommend you start charging phone (1) when the battery is low, and to charge with Nothing adapters and cables.
2. We do not recommend you to crack the firmware version, root, etc.
3. Do not operate the mobile phone while charging.
4. Minimise using your phone for a long period of time.
How to set the time on my screen?
1. Enter Settings> System Date & Time to access time settings, including the 24-hour system, time zone and double clock.
2.Open the Clock app, click on the More icon in the top right hand corner, select Settings>Change Time and go to the Date & Time Settings page.
1. 24-hour system: The clock defaults to the 24-hour system. If the 24-hour system is closed, it will be displayed in the 12 hour system.
2. Automatically detects and sets the time and date
3. Time zone: Change the time zone and time manually.